Sunday, May 11, 2008

I'm baaack!

I've been on quite the hiatus from my blog since most of my weekends have been taken up with March for Babies events but that's all over, (thank God!).

Dawn had her bachelorette party this weekend since she is officially tying herself to the Ortiguerra name in a couple of weeks.

Remember when Yoga was the new "it" thing, then later it was Pilates and after that it was Yogilates? Well, friends, it appears that Pole Dancing is the new way to stay trim and fit these days. So we went to learn a few moves and I have to say that any hopes and dreams that I may have secretly harbored of becoming a stripper were dashed in the first few minutes of our class. Gravity and I were not on the same page and instead of floating and landing gently to the ground like a graceful butterfly, I crashed violently downward like a beetle with a broken wing. Pretty sexy, huh?

As luck would have it, this is the one pic of me actually staying off the ground for a good couple of seconds.


Welcome to the family, Dawn! After pole dancing, we all dressed in 80s gear. Unfortunately, this pic is missing the true star of my costume...my dad's tube socks. :)

No comments: