Thursday, January 22, 2009

Things I Love Thursday-the best things come in threes, or fours, or sevens...

I LOVE being able to read a series of books,watch the seasons of a TV show or view a trilogy of movies back-to-back-to-back until I'm completely and utterly finished with it. I've spent many a day/week absorbed in a fictional world, only getting up from the couch for food and to go to the bathroom. To illustrate, I'll give you my "Lord of the Rings" example. I watched the first two movies in the trilogy back-to-back and then headed to the theater to see the third one as the credits of the second one were rolling on my TV. Last year, TNT decided it would be a good idea to play all three movies consecutively on a Sunday afternoon. Great for them, bad for my productivity. Some might call this sort of activity, (or lack thereof), ridiculous but I call it awesome.


I've handed over much of my hard earned cash to Barnes & Noble and Target just to get my series fix.






2 comments:

Kelly Ruden said...

Twilight, The Office, and Harry Potter...3 of my favorite things!

MsAmanda said...

Me too! I felt that way about Dexter and Marian Keyes books.